Tuesday, February 24, 2009

to be known or not to be known....

so i was thinking about people and how people are and why they do the things they do. And one of the things i was thinking about is how people interact with other people. How much they let the other person know about themselves.

I like asking questions. Its how i get to know people. I have found that some people like questions, they like to be known. and then there are the people that dont. they squirm in their seat as I ask simple or maybe tough questions that would open them up and they cant get around it unless they lied in which I can pick out the liars. why is it to be "known" is such a risk for a lot of people? whats the worse that can happen? Each person is worthy to be known. the counter might be "God knows me, thats enough, people hurt each other and getting hurt....well hurts" I would say to this that "because God knows you and created you is the exact reason other people should know you too. You re his creation to be shared, to be known to the world."

are you following me? oh i hope so.

referring to the "people hurt other people" , yea getting hurt is a risk and it sucks but God is there to pick you up, hold you, heal you, but enjoying and being in friendships, relationships is the big prize and I think out weighs the risk. i learn so much from my friends because I take a risk and so do they but we both know its for a good cause. We grow and learn together and God shines through

I am sad for those who dont take the risk to be known.
some might say i am avoiding to be known because i am always asking the questions...but not true, I will happily answer any question anyone asks, i have nothing to hide, no dark secrets. and I want to be known... but people just don't ask.


there is just so much that is missed out on and we dont even know it.
one of my friends told me it is impossible to know and spend time with everyone you meet...and i said oh it is possible...people just dont make the time, allow space to connect.

i guess this is all i have right now on the subject, its a work in progress and i am jsut stating what i have experienced and yea my opinion

No comments: